02 January 2006

2006: It'll be Good

No, I don't have anything to say relative to the title; just trying to stack our cards in our favor.

I've purposely taken an impersonal tone in this blog. If I hadn't, I'd say a lot about 2005, which brought G-Fav and J-Fav some wonderful "ups" that were punctuated by several difficult "downs." We are thankful for our friends and family that shared all of it with us.

[Thoughtful pause...]

Here's to starting 2006 with something humorous -- a short piece on McSweeny's that was the first thing to make me laugh online this year: "Truly Groundbreaking Advertising Ideas." (Warning: my sense of humor tends to be... obtuse.) And the second thing to make me laugh: "Stories Ending With 'Long Story Short' That Could Actually Use Some Elaboration."

[Another thoughtful pause... gratuitous hyperlinks ahead...]

Santa was good to me & supported my new and unanticipated interest in video games. I have been enjoying a new Nintendo DS, playing Castlevania at the Diesel, and reading the 1Up.com blog of the day and "TV" show at home. I think what interests me is how pixel count isn't necessarily related to how much fun a game system is. I've been offsetting this by trying to read one chapter of Feynman's Lectures each night, which I recommend to anyone interested in that stuff.

Here's to 2006. Here's to hoping you each have why-didn't-I-think-of-that ideas like the kid who made close to $1 million by setting up a webpage and selling the space at $1/pixel. Check it out: www.milliondollarhomepage.com.

g

No comments: