- What should I do with the upcoming free afternoon, weekend, month, professional life...?
- What fun dinner can I cook?
- [Regarding problem X], how can I [blah]?
- What gifts might J-Fav like?
Rather than starting from scratch each time these questions pop into your head, it might be interesting to resume from where you left off last time.
There is a class of visualization / note-taking software called "mind-mapping" or "thought-mapping" software. WikiPedia describes as mind map as follows:
It is an image-centered diagram that represents semantic or other connections between portions of information. By presenting these connections in a radial, non-linear graphical manner, it encourages a brainstorming approach to any given organizational task, eliminating the hurdle of initially establishing an intrinsically appropriate or relevant conceptual framework to work within.
So, Dear Readers, have any of you used any of - and can you comment on:
- FreeMind (free, Java) [screenshots]
- ...or any of the many, many packages listed on WikiPedia.