29 August 2006

Telephone Pictionary and other pursuits

Hello -

Sure, you've played Pictionary; but have you ever played "telephone Pictionary"?

The idea is simple. Arrange your friends in a circle, each with a piece of paper. Everyone composes a different wacky sentence and writes it down. Pass each page to your neighbor. Draw pictures that express that sentence, hide the words by folding down the top, and pass. Write a sentence that interprets the picture you receive, fold the picture, and pass. Repeat until your page comes back to you. Hilarity, I say!

We played this at the BM / SB abode this weekend and I hurt myself laughing.

Perhaps you had to be there, but here is one that continues to crack me up. Pretend you're only seeing a thin row of this at a time, to see how it evolves from "These are the times that try men's souls" to "Stealing carrots is punishable by death, unless..."


[click to enlarge. if you're using Windows, maximize your window, hover your mouse pointer on it, and click that hamburger-looking icon in the lower right to magnify]

I still can't get over that judge/jury comic strip of Mr. Monreal's.

Here's another. Nothing like misinterpreting a homunculus as a man-bird.


[click to enlarge]

And....
I was going to tell you about the movie "Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control," but never mind.

g-fav

2 comments:

Flavia said...

Tears--I tell you, TEARS!--are rolling down my cheeks as I look at these.

Sheer genius.

Jonathan Brown said...

Such a great game! Here it is for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch! http://telephonepictionaryapp.blogspot.com/