08 March 2007

Marching Snare Drums

Hello -

I never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for YouTube. I finally found a recording of the best, most impressive snare drumming performance I've ever seen: the group from the show "Blast." I used to spend many hours a day practicing rudimental snare drumming, the elements of which are strung together to form most of what you'd hear in military corps-style drumming.

Anyhow -- If the first five minutes of this doesn't give you goosebumps, I don't know what will: "Battery Battle." J-Fav got us front row, center-stage seats; I couldn't believe my eyes or my ears.

G-Fav

ps Want more? This is an older clip. Funny thing is that one of the hardest things that they do gets no applause, at 1:52 -- trading sides of a drumroll.

pps Hey band geeks! Here's Blast doing Malaguena.

ppps Alright, fine. Free marketing tip of the day: people are very likely to read the "ps" section of direct mail, even if they don't read the main body. Really - next time you get junk mail, see if it has a "ps." Marketers put "ps" in there to manipulate you. There, now you know.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Nerd!

P.S. Definitely chill-delivering. :-)

Professor B said...

Hey G-man,

Thoroughly awesome. :-) It was like watching hummingbirds, if you get what I mean.

TTYS