10 July 2007

Akiyoshi's Illusion Pages
This picture should look like it's rotating.

CNN / AP - "Man Flies 193 Miles in Lawn Chair"
...with helium balloons. I actually kind of liked this article, enough such that the wild "funnynews" banner kind of killed it.

"The problem with computers is that there is not enough Africa in them."
The other day I recalled a June, 1995 interview of Brian Eno in Wired magazine, one with bright yellow crosshatches on the spine. Ever see someone really fit on television and then temporarily vow to exercise from that point on? Brian Eno's interviews usually make me vow to start thinking more deeply so I'll have interesting things to say. (interview)

The Dangerous Book for Boys
Jenn and I bought this book for Toby (or ourselves) - we just couldn't put it down. It's a collection of... well, check it out.

You'll Laugh so Hard Your Glasses will Need Re-Taping
Safiri recently noted "cuteoverload.com". The sites thefairest.info, thefunniest.info, and thecutest.info are maintained by Randall Munroe of xkcd + worth visiting. You can rank photos & see the current results.








Thanks for reading. Now get back to attaching balloons to your lawn chair.

-g- "I don't get steampunk even though it saturates the sites I read" fav

1 comment:

RLM said...

Ooo, I saw that same article about the lawn-chair flight, same text and everything, on another site and really liked the article too. But mine didn't have a photo with it! So thanks for this link. What an awesome shot.

And is there a Dangerous Book for Girls? Just curious.