20 April 2008

Art ("Art"?), the world's worst song, and caching

Hello -

I suppose I'm late to the game, but I've been hearing about an art project of a Yale undergrad that is generating significant attention - I'll leave the details for the clickthrough. The university even declared it a hoax: "The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman's body." If you can stomach it, here's a recent story in the Yale Daily News, and a response by the artist.

I defy you to listen to this whole thing. Here is a piece of music that is calculated to be the most "unwanted" piece of music, with characteristics optimized to be nearly-universally disliked. (Think banjo, accordian, children's chorus, holiday lyrics, rap, and bagpipes.) See "Yo, Yo, I'm a Cowboy Now" at Quick Study. And turn the volume up.

"2,000 Microsoft fans convince Steve Ballmer no one uses Yahoo search." [Valleywag]

Nice weather? Go geocaching. J-Fav, Toby, and I headed out to a woodsy hill in Acton for an easy first cache of the year:





J-Fav finds it, as usual! (Great Hill Cache: GCBC31. Free registration required, but hey, c'mon - this is fun.)

-g

ps Happy 2nd Birthday, Toby!

No comments: