Woah, I just checked two menus, and it looks like that's no longer available. That's too bad. That was one of the few reasonably-priced dishes there that almost lived up to the hype. Anyway, then:
Uncooked, cleaned, shelled shrimp (10) (TJ's)
Italian vinaigrette, e.g. Brianna's with the strawberry on the front, or something less sugary
3 rolled up deli slices of Swiss cheese
3 rolled up deli slices of turkey
Salad greens, something light and leafy and fancy-looking; not that crunchy crap (TJ's)
1/2 lemon (TJ's)
those little cherry tomatoes (5-ish) (TJ's)
salt, preferably sea salt if you're snooty like me (TJ's)
TJ's = available @ Trader Joe's
- (Defrost if needed + wash) + marinate the shrimp in a glass bowl for 5 minutes in the vinaigrette
- Clean your oven's broiler & prep it by moistening a paper towel with some oil, and rubbing the broiler grille. Preheat the broiler.
- Put on the oven fans. Really. Don't come crying when your smoke alarms go off.
- Now that five minutes have gone by... With tongs, shake off the vinaigrette from each shrimp & place on the broiler.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. Watch and smell so you can remove the shrimp if the sugary vinaigrette starts smoking.
- Arrange the greens, tomatoes, and deli slices on a plate.
- Put those good-looking shrimp on that.
- Squirt it with the 1/2 lemon.
- If you don't mind sweet plus salty, sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on it.
- Bask in your all-consuming awesomeness.
Hey, wow, as I'm typing this out, birds are chirping over the sound of a fife & drum corp practicing for this afternoon's parade.