3-D displays, stereoscopic movies, perceptual science, and Hollywood
January 2009 will mark the 20th Anniversary of the annual Stereoscopic Displays and Applications (SD&A) conference. Submit an abstract for presentation at the conference to be a significant contributor to this important event. SD&A 2009 will be held as part of the IS&T-SPIE 21st Annual Symposium on Electronic Imaging, 18-22 January 2009, San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, USA. This is widely considered to be the key conference for stereoscopic technologies, drawing researchers and industry representatives from around the world.
- Stereoscopic display and stereoscopic capture (including 3-D movies)
- Autostereoscopy (volumetric, holographic, and multiview / lenticular)
- Multiscopic image processing & rendering
- Applications: medical, military, and entertainment
- ...and a really great demonstration session where you can see current advances in 3-D display - this usually includes the latest breakthroughs in autostereoscopic cellphone technology.
Final Summary (200 words) Due Date: 17 November 2008
Manuscript Due Date: 22 December 2008
Conference Dates: 19-21** January 2009 (est.)
p.s. We regret that the session regarding gin culture may be replaced by advances in lenticular display.