14 August 2008

Digital TV issues: TiVo and RCN near Boston

Yikes - I came home from a bunch of business travel and am suddenly wondering how to handle the changeover to digital TV in our town of Arlington, MA.

So - I'm trawling the message boards to see (1) how to connect TiVo (Series2, v 9.3...) to the new system, and (2) why we only have 20 channels now.

If anyone recently worked through this, I sure would love the input. At the moment, I am under the impression that I need to locate the "IR blaster" that came with our TiVo, so that it can change the channels indirectly, and to call RCN to find out where our channels went.

Grrr...

-g

1 comment:

G-Fav said...

Update: TiVo is working wonderfully - its pair of IR transmitters actually work as advertised. I feel like a robot is changing the channels, but who cares?

We are still trying to figure out what happened to the other 60+ channels we used to get. We suspect this will be an excuse for RCN to upsell us to some grander package.

g