10 January 2009

Brief graphic design / packaging rant

Hi there -

It's possible that I'm drinking too much espresso-that-I-thought-was-coffee, reading webpages about how to use my Moka Express, and traveling to Helvetica-saturated continents. But have you seen the awful redesign of the Tropicana brand?

I was shopping at Stop & Shop and almost missed the orange juice section because it looked like a blankish wall of... I don't know... industrial-grade biochemical products, or no frills dry milk, or signage for a Swedish hospital.

No! It's the Tropicana redesign! Enjoy it here. (@ underconsideration.com )

Don't even get me started on the Eurostile-ification of MA, the newest victim being the Capitol Theatre (following the Alfewife typography mishap, I guess).

Woah, who put the extra snobby in my espresso today?

-g

3 comments:

graphic design said...

Thanks alot for the great post

David said...

I must admit, graphic design plays an essential role in technology and society. A lot of youth are involved in designing.

art design college said...

Right David, Graphic Design and Art Both plays an lead role in technology and science. Most of work without it not possible