01 August 2009

(Edge) Short course on synthetic genomics

Hello -

Brockman's Edge.org continues to showcase interesting work from his cadre of leading-edge thinkers (or, as I think of them, "the smart cool-kids.") George Church and Craig Venter taught a 6-hour course on synthetic genomics, presented at Edge.org, for free.

I didn't make it through all six hours, though what I watched I found really absorbing. I also admit I find the selection of students equally fascinating - they introduce themselves in the first minutes of part one. If you are a frequent visitor to Edge.org, or watch TED videos, or, really, go to any of the "conferences by big thinkers," they'll be familiar (though mostly West Coast) names.


g-fav

2 comments:

Mack said...

I appreciate the labor you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.

Custom Research India said...

Fresh, useful insights. Clever penetration of conventional clutter and noise. Relaxed and comfortable sense of humor.